The state of Texas requires every driver to have auto insurance on their vehicles to protect themselves and other motorists in case of an accident . The state of Texas stipulates auto owners to have at least the minimum liability coverage. Auto owners can customize their auto insurance and benefit from the following coverages:
Important Auto Insurance Coverages
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability – Pays for damages you may become legally liable for as a result of an accident you caused.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist – This coverage helps pay for the incident caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist if the driver does not have auto insurance or they are underinsured.
- Personal Injury Protection(PIP) – This coverage helps pays for a covered claim for the insured or anyone else in the vehicle during the incident or the other driver and their passengers’ medical expenditures if you are at fault. PIP covers the medical expense, lost wages, funeral expenses, and much more.
- Comprehensive – This coverage pays to replace or repair a covered auto that is damaged by fire, wind, hail, flood, hitting an animal, vandalism, falling objects, and theft.
- Collision – This coverage pays to replace or repair a covered auto due to having an impact with another auto or object.
- Roadside Assistance – Provides roadside emergency service such towing, jump start, help with a flat tire, or key lock-out assistance.
- Rental Reimbursement – Pays the insured rental car cost while the insured vehicle is being repaired due to a covered insurance claim.